Friday, November 27, 2015

QWERTY

Notes: Ironic, given how much I write publicly now. It's worth noting that I still do this, though.

I’ve never been able to keep a journal. I’ve been too afraid that someone will find it and read my deepest, darkest, most private thoughts; the ones that no one is ever supposed to learn about. Nevertheless, every now and then I need to write down my thoughts and feelings, my fears, my worries, the things that I’d probably get in trouble for if I ever actually said them out loud. But writing it on paper is dangerous. Like I said before, someone could find it. That’s one reason I type.

When something is bothering me, I’ll sit down at my computer and type. My fingers fly over the keys faster than I could ever write by hand, so more of my thoughts get captured and written down. It helps me sort them out and see everything more clearly. Also, the click clack of my fingers on the keyboard is reassuring. When I’m alone with my thoughts, silence can be deafening. A steady, rhythmic sound can go a long way to holding off insanity.


Once all my thoughts are out, I can look at them, study them, and figure out what to do. Then I hit delete. That way, no one can ever find what I wrote and see my soul laid bare. I’ve gotten the problem off my chest, but the thoughts remain mine and mine alone. Plus it’s comforting to see all of my problems just disappear with the click of a mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment