Thursday, November 12, 2015

Bad Day

Dear Diary,

Today was one of the worst days of my life and I need to vent.

This morning I got up and put on outfit that I thought looked pretty cute on me. I went downstairs and grabbed a pop-tart for breakfast and my mom suddenly appeared. She told me that I really shouldn’t be eating pop-tarts because I’m getting fat. She said that I need to start watching my diet. Diary, last week the doctor told me that I’m five pounds underweight and I’d better not consider going on a diet.

Then I got to school. My best friend had some strange cuts on her arm that she tried to pass off as cat scratches. Diary, no cat scratches multiple times in perfect little parallel lines. I don’t know what to do. She obviously wanted me to see the cuts, she wore a tank top after all, but she won’t admit to it. How am I supposed to help my friend when my own life is falling apart?

In math we got our big test back. I did so horrible on it and I don’t know why. I’m usually so good at math, it’s my best subject. I always get A’s on the tests, not C’s. Plus I actually studied for this one.

After math was science; the girl who sits next to me loves to give me a hard time. You’d think I’d be immune to it by now, but it just made my day worse. She kept trying to get me to argue with her by saying that dance isn’t a sport, but cheerleading is. Then she started complaining about her awful day (her crush still doesn’t know her name) and I just about lost it.

I thought things would be great when I got home. I could just take a nice bath and forget about my day, but then the worst thing of all happened. My dad called to tell me that he and his fiancĂ©e are considering September 5 for the wedding, because that’s the earliest date that they can get the hall for the reception. September 5, 2001. My parents were married on September 5, 1976. You do the math, diary.

I think I’m going to go to sleep before anything worse happens.

Sincerely,


Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment