Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Adjectives

Note: This was somewhat experimental. A long-form take on an acrostic poem.

I am cute. That's cool. I could never be comfortable being sexy or hot. I am too self-conscious. I am confident, though. I am completely content with who I am right now. I am courageous. If I have a crush, I can ask the guy out without overly complicating matters. But I am a coward, too; I tend to avoid confrontation. I am college-bound.

After all, I'm academic. I am almost an A student, and I am aware that I should be. I acquire knowledge, although I do not always appear attentive. I acknowledge the fact that I'm able to be better than average. But I'm also learning: at time, merely being alive is much greater than achieving amazing accomplishments.

I am an individual. I am introverted; it is difficult to get to know me. I consider myself interesting. I am intelligent. I am inquisitive; I as questions if I do not know the answer. I am introspective; I spend a lot of time wondering. OI am idealistic. I believe that today's ideas and innovations will make a brighter future, and I'm impatient for it to get here.

But I am terrified. There are times when I am tempted to turn my back on everything. I'm only a teenager. The truth is that I'm not sure I can be trusted with these life-altering decisions. I have not tried enough things. I cannot take my sixteen years of trial and error and turn it into a future. Everyone tells me that it will all work out, but my life is so topsy-turvy that is doesn't seem like it will.

I am lost. I will be living on my own in a little over a year. A large part of me is looking forward to it. Life is not long enough to do all that I want to do, and I want to learn as much as I can. I cannot wait to fall in love. I'm scared of being lonely. But lots of this is a long way off. I'm learning to live in the moment. There will be time later to lose sleep over the big things.

I am immature. It is much more interesting than being mature. I let my imagination wander. I intend to always be impressed by the small things in life, the immensity of nature, and the immaterial possessions. I am imperfect; isn't everyone? I am inexperienced and ignorant of many things. But I have my own identity.

I am naive. I know I am. I need a lot more experience before I can hope to be named wise. I am not entirely normal, but I am nice, if you are not too busy to get to know me. I am natural, no make-up, no hair dye. I do not need to be look like something I'm not to be considered worthwhile. I am not nobody,. I am going to be noteworthy. I'm just not sure what for yet.

I am Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment