Thursday, November 26, 2015

Puzzles

My father and I don’t have a lot in common anymore. He doesn’t want to accept the fact that I’m a teenager and that I’ll be moving out in a little over a year. I don’t like the fact that he’s always out of town on business. But we can still do puzzles together.

We’re working on a picture of the Earthrise image right now. The top half is almost entirely black. The bottom half is varying shades of purple and blue. We don’t talk when we’re working on it. We don’t need to. If one of us finds a piece, we put it in.

We’re connected when we’re doing puzzles. Father and child doing an activity together. Daddy and daughter working towards a common goal: finish the puzzle so we can mat it and try to find a place for it on the walls.


We don’t have a lot in common anymore. But at least we have this.

No comments:

Post a Comment