Monday, November 16, 2015

Finale

Three people, two blankets, a box of Kleenex, and a box of Wheat Thins are piled on the two-person couch. The phone has been taken off the hook and the curtains are drawn to block the setting sun. The series finale of the greatest show ever made is going to start in seven minutes and twenty two seconds. Give or take. The networks aren’t always accurate when it comes to time.

“I hope Willow doesn’t die,” I say for the umpteenth time.

“Well, Buffy, Giles, and Xander are safe. That leaves Willow, Spike and Faith,” Cailin says.

Are you sure someone’s going to die?” Katy asks.

Yeah, the article said at least one major character would die. I suppose it could be Anya or Dawn, but neither of them would cause a big shock.” I tell her.

Faith wouldn’t either,” Katy replies.

Which leaves Spike and Willow.” I add.

And Gunnar said that Spike isn’t going to die.” Cailin finishes the thought.

I don’t want Willow to die.” I whine. Five minutes, fifty-six seconds.

We begin the conversation again. We’re already been through it more times than I can count. I’m pretty sure Willow is going to die, but I don’t want to believe it. Katy thinks Anya is going to die. Cailin is convinced that it will be Spike. One minute, forty-four seconds.

Hurry up, mom!” I yell. “It’s about to start!

Five…four…three…two…one

Tonight on UPN, we begin the search for America’s next Top Model!” We groan and lean back against the couch. “But first, on the series finale of Buffy the Vampire Slayer!” We squeal and lean forward once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment