Thursday, November 19, 2015

Intensive

My heart is pumping faster than it ever has before. I can feel the blood running through my jugular, my thighs, my fingers. Every time it pulses I worry that my skin will not be enough to hold the blood in my body.

My legs are twitching, little spasms running through every five seconds. It’s a good thing I’m sitting down. I doubt they could hold my weight right now. My back is pressed up against the mirror. My shirt is folded up so as much of my bare back can come into contact with the cold surface as possible. The coolness feels good and it almost distracts me from my intense pain. It feels like someone is repeatedly driving a knife into the small of back and the white-hot pain is racing up my spine.

I feel like dropping into a nice, hot bath right now. Judging from the looks on their faces, all the other girls here do too. Their hair is limp with sweat. Everyone is completely exhausted.

I’ve never danced so hard in my life. I can’t believe the class was two hours long. I don’t know how I’m going to face another three hours this afternoon, and four more days this week. But I know that it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment